Well it looks like we are back into yet another flashback.
In this strip I was experimenting a little with composing a strip on top of a painting by Emily Carr. Do you all know who Emily Carr is? You should. Artists growing up in Western Canada, like myself, are probably heavily inspired and influenced by her.
Firstly, thank you guys so much for supporting my work. I am overwhelmed by the response!
Here is some stuff I forgot to mention on Monday.
1) The Sketch-A-Thon will run until the 14th of June. If you absolutely want a commission from me and can’t pay me until the 30th or something, mail me and we can work something out.
2) There was an error in the PDF I made for the diary strip. I am going to install Indesign today and make a new one. Everyone who has donated so far will get this and Sex and the Suburbs pdf soon.
Donate for original art. Keep ALM going.
* Each and every donation: The new diary strip (Attention: spoilers! So let me know if you don’t want this) and the mini comic pdf Sex and the Suburbs (These will be emailed to you, make sure your email address is included in your paypal donation form)
* $25+ dollars: A6 hand-inked sketch b&w or simply coloured with Protip markers.
* $50+ dollars: A6 hand-inked, hand-painted watercolour.
* $100+ dollars: A5 hand-inked, hand-painted watercolour.
The highest donor will, on top of their sketch/painting, receive:
* An original hand-inked/painted page from the comic (available comics can be seen in the store)
* The original journal comic done for this Sketch-A-Thon (4 pages, hand inked and coloured) Includes spoilers!
* A signed original copy of the minicomic Sex and the Suburbs (nsfw). There are only 10 left and I’m keeping all but one.
Please, please, please be sure to include in the form what you would like a sketch of.
Since this sort of thing tends to take time you will be mailed an order number and you can check your order status here.
Here’s some examples of work done for the previous Sketch-A-Thon.